Is it really a lockdown if you haven't made banana bread? Get familiar with our take on the loaf that's been back in the spotlight, and impress yourself with this next-to-no-effort vegan recipe. Yeah, we bake now too.
What you need?
- 3 large (super ripe!) bananas
- 75ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 100g brown sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tsp of cinnamon or mixed spice
- 50g (big handful) of dried fruits
How to make it?
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6
- Mash the ripe, peeled bananas, mix well with oil and brown sugar
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon then combine well
- Add the dried fruit or nuts if you fancy
- Bake in an oiled, lined loaf tin for 20 minutes. Cover with foil if browning then bake for a further 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It's delicious freshly baked, but develops a lovely gooey quality the day after