Our first seven months as a store have been the best! Three locations, as many pop-ups, brands shared, lessons learned and our community widened. All whilst protecting the planet and keeping things cruelty-free thanks to you choosing vegan for your wardrobes. To mark the start of a new year, and a new decade, Cat shares her reflections on the year gone by, and sets some resolutions for 2020.
2020, let's have you! We are now officially over half a year old. Last year was a monumental leap for us as we set up the store, and I thought it only right to share with you all some of my thoughts on where we've been and where we're going. Whether you prefer taking stock or looking ahead - let's get ready for a new year.
- 2019 will forever be remembered as the year we launched a fully vegan business! With an equal emphasis on store and online so that you can all reach the same result. My dream became a reality in creating a space where you can shop, style and create a wardrobe wish list at ease, knowing everything on display has looked out for the people who made it, been kind to the planet and animals. No compromises - we'll always be this way.
- We literally (our arm muscles will pay testament to this!) set up shop in three different locations, held five pop ups and moved into our current home 12, St Stephens St. And you've all loyally followed us! Can't wait to see how much further we can grow in the year ahead.
- In total we made 703 transactions - meaning you choose to buy a selection of vegan fashion and treats that many times, plus all avoided single use plastic bags with our specially designed recyclable, organic or reusable packaging or totes. That's a lot of good choices all packed into positive packaging.
- Brought in 25 new brands to our directory - all vegan, ethical, green and clean. All with their hearts and heads in the right place to produce positive impact fashion that looks as good as it does. We can't wait to keep expanding on this number.
- Grew our community. Perhaps the most important of them all. We held 8 interactive, engaging events, I spoke on a handful of panels and at likeminded events, our Instagram went from zero to over 2750 strong, plus we hired an employee (we see you, Becca!). Bringing people together means everything to us.
- It's time to go into neutral, and beyond. We want to ensure that in 2020 we become Carbon Positive - from offsetting our shipping, travel and other actions along with our investments into creating the store. Plenty to think about how to do this best (any ideas, drop me a line?) and a firm goal of ours.
- Another important one is to get officially certified as a B Corporation. You can find our more about want it means to be a B Corp here, but essentially it's about becoming accredited and recognised as a business who exists for good, building sustainable and ethical economies that work for everyone.
- Packaging is up there as a big one for us to keep improving on for the year ahead - to ensure we have the best option making your experience as positive and enjoyable as possible whilst having the lowest impact on our planet. Let us know your thoughts on this if you have any ideas!
- And for the actual store? It's time to branch out. Think Treen does menswear, pre-loved, beauty and lifestyle. Yeah, we're thinking big and we're thinking now so expect to see us reach out into all areas in 2020. We want to get hold of everything you love so you can shop easily, guilt-free and without fuss.
- New brands! Behind the scenes our team will be working hard to source brands that do that absolute best at giving you that special feeling, slip seamlessly into your wardrobe and do good all at the same time. Again - any recommendations or ride-or-die brands you love? Let us know.
And trust us when we say, the best is yet to come. Big things planned for 2020 for how we plan to house all this growth - you'll be the first to know.
As ever, we are here for you. Drop us a DM, email us with any question (big or small!) about any of our brands or pieces, or come in store and say hello!