Couldn't skip past today without doing our take on this classic, keep on reading for our go-to recipe for Vegan Banana Pancakes - enjoy any day of the week!
What you need?
1 large ripe banana
2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon vegetable oil (sunflower or rapeseed will do!)
120g of self raising flour (use coconut flour for gluten free)
½ teaspoon of baking powder
150ml or oat, almond or soya milk (we used oat)
Maple, agave, carob syrup, sliced banana and chopped chocolate (or whatever tickles your fancy) to serve
How to make it
Step one / the batter
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the caster sugar, salt and vegetable oil.
- Then add the flour, and baking powder and mix well.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and slowly mix in the milk.
- Your mixture should be thick and batter like in consistency.
Step two/ the making
- Heat some oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add 2 tablespoon of the batter to make thick pancakes (drooling already!).
- The mixture makes about 4-5 pancakes depending on how thick you want them.
- Fry each pancake for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve however you like! We opted for a healthy drizzling of maple syrup, sliced banana and roughly chopped dark chocolate. It’s a miracle we managed to take a photo to share :)