The fashion industry has been tarnished in recent years. Pressured to clean up its act by various environmental and social pressures, treen exists to be the change it wishes to see in the industry. Good fashion exists. Let us show you.
As a purpose-led business from inception, this Impact Report highlights our existing commitments that we are dedicated to upholding.
This Impact Report will keep us accountable to our ambitions as we continue to challenge ourselves in how we can most positively impact people and the planet.
Sustainability has to be a way of life to be a way of business. If you want creativity, take a zero off your budget. If you want sustainability, take off two. Looking at the world through a sustainability lens not only helps us future-proof our supply chain, it also fuels innovation and drives brand growth. At treen, we want to future-proof our supply chain, fuel innovation and propel forward as a leader in the sustainable fashion industry.
- treen launches online in June
- Hosted its first pop-up, which was a three-month residency
- Held ten in-store events educating the community on sustainable fashion; this programme ran from June to December
- Hosted two pop-ups in October
- Opened a temporary store in Edinburgh in November
- Donated £1,891 to Fashion Revolution in its first six months of trading
- Opened its flagship store in Edinburgh
- Expanded its collection by diversifying into menswear
- Welcomed new brands to treen: Kowtow, Skall Studio, Girlfriend Collective, Good News, Wolf Circus and Embassy of Bricks and Logs
- Held six online events
- Offered zero-emission bike delivery to online customers in Edinburgh for the first time
- Donated £434 to Smart Works Scotland (treen's Charity Partner)
- Donated £1,030 to Social Bite via festive campaign
- treen wins Scottish EDGE in May, the UK's biggest entrepreneurial funding competition
- Expanded its flagship store in Edinburgh to include a second floor
- Expanded its collection by diversifying into lifestyle products
- Welcomed new brands to treen: Thinking Mu, Angela Roi, Flamingos Life, Nudie Jeans and Wax London
- Offered carbon-neutral delivery to online customers outside Edinburgh for the first time
- Donated £1,199 to Smart Works Scotland (treen's Charity Partner)
- Donated £644 to Fashion Revolution
- Donated 49 items of clothing/footwear to Social Bite
- Hosted a month-long pop-up in May at EGG's community venue
- Hosted a pop-up in June at St James Quarter
- Welcomed new brands to treen: Sancia, Edmmond Studios, MATT & NAT, Unfeigned and Keen
- Increased gender diversity within the team
- Donated £1,165 to Smart Works Scotland (treen's Charity Partner)
Our first Impact Report
Structured around the pillars of People, Planet and Prosperity, we've identified various targets and goals that we aim to achieve by the end of 2024.